Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Designing the Enclosure

I've been spending a lot of time in Blender v2.57b recently, and I must say I love it! I started of by creating walls as seperate objects. That way, it was rather easy to move and change. However, recently I've been joining it all together into one single object, and I'm now doing low level/box/block modeling... and using my 3D printer to print the object and testing it, updating the design... tweaking...

So, I'm not by any means done. Details will be added in time. But for now, I want the right sizes to be in place. Then, I can create some nice round corners and basically smoothen it more. I was also planing creating a plastic-only solution, with some kind of snap-on, snapping on the top part because that way I will avoid extra material, such as screws...

Animation created using Blender and GIMP. Note that this is only the bottom part...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment