Friday, October 4, 2013

Finalizing the Firmware - Behind The Scenes!

We are at full speed, or well, the guy over at odesk is at full speed converting and improving the firmware for the new PCB.

I am really impressed by his dedication and work so far! He even got a bonus for it! I asked him to send some photos before I post about the new firmware. Everybody loves photos. :)

So, here are some he send me of his setup:





He bought a motor to spin a CD to test with. Quite the dedication right there. :)

As for the firmware, everything hardware wise seems to work as it should! So, I'm happy that the board itself is working as it should! Haven't tested the nRF24 module though. Might do that later myself, as this firmware upgrade he does, doesn't include that. Should be rather easy to test later I think, as all I need to do is reuse code and try to talk to it.

Anyway, we have gone back and forth for a while now. He makes some improvements/changes, send me the firmware, I flash it on mine here and test.

I test the Nunchucks and using it on the treadmill. And provide feedback.

He made a nice dual solution with serial text output and joystick working at the same time. This makes debugging and testing much easier. He even made a script that plots the data in real-time. Quite handy tool to use when I sneak, walk and run on the treadmill. The data is also send back to him so he can analyze it and improve.

I will put up some graphs and videos soon from my tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment